Do you know someone who dedicates their time to serving those in need? Every year, New York Nonprofit Media recognizes Front Line Heroes from the nonprofit industry who work in the field directly helping clients and making their organizations' goals a reality through hard work and dedication. Front-Line Heroes display excellence in their commitment to serving those in need.
Fred Scaglione Award*:
Donna Pearce, Director, Family Treatment Rehabilitation, SCAN NY
Front Line Heroes:
- Stephanie Akhter, Project Manager, The Council of State Governments Justice Center
- Holly Brickey, Senior Caseworker: Close to Home Program, SCO Family of Services
- Gary Caldwell, Peer Coordinator, Pathway Home, Services for the Underserved (SUS)
- Mary Cardelli, RN Supervisor, Bowery Residents' Commitee, Inc.
- John Coleman, Facilities Director, Camelot Counseling Centers
- Sally Friedman, Legal Director, Legal Action Center
- Lauren Groetch, Staff Attorney, The Legal Wellness Institute at The family Center
- Carmen Gutierrez, Immigration Specialist, Queens Community House
- Judith Hannan, Board Member and Writing Teacher, Children's Museum of Manhattan
- Carlen Hiciano, FFT Interventionist, Leake & Watts
- Nazy Kaffashan, Associate Director of the Family Wellness Program, Children's Aid Society
- Yoonji Kim, Social Services Director, MinKwon Center for Community Action
- Josephine Ledda, Food & Nutrition Services Manager, The Alliance for Positive Change
- Alejandra Magano, Team Leader, Breaking Ground
- Marsha Milan-Bethel, Campus Coordinator, Hostos College
- Carol Morales-Torres, Case Manager, Staten Island Univ Hospital
- Joseph Mott, Senior Recreation Coordinator, JCCA
- Vivienne O'Neill, Director of Volunteer Programs, Citymeals on Wheels
- Emily Parkey, Director of Community Engagement and Government Affaris, Harlem RBI and DREAM Charter School
- Anais Peguero, Case Planner, Preventive Services, Graham Windham
- Wesner Pierre, Vice President, Education and Youth Development, CAMBA, Inc.
- Ivan Romero, Director of Shelter Outreach, The Floating Hospital
- Anju Rupchandani, Managing Director, Zone 126
- Deb Silva, Direct Support Professional, Warren, Washington and Albany Counties Chapter of NYSARC, Inc.
- Marcia Titus-Prescott, Associate Director Integrated Nursing, ICL
- Fatima Tobar, Senior IPA Navigator, Public Health Solutions
- Craig Trotta, Senior Director of CIP Field Operations, The Doe Fund
- Maggie Vasquez, Senior Director of Programs, Girl Scouts of Greater New York
- Virginia Vitzhum, Editor and Program Manager, Youth Communication
- Kevin Xuereb, Manager of Burn Outreach and Professional Development, NewYork-Presbyterian
* The Fred Scaglione Award is given to a front-line hero whose career particularly demonstrates dedication, commitment to and a thorough understanding of their chosen cause. It is named after Fred Scaglione, the founder and original editor of what was then New York Nonprofit Press, who through his well-informed and conscientious journalistic pursuits demonstrated extraordinary commitment to New York’s nonprofit sector.